Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

You might wonder, wait! Halloween? But it's just October 30. Poor Katie, she's confused. Having all three kids alone for the week has her completely batty.

I may be a bit off, but I'm not confused about Halloween...in Auburn, AL, anyway. Due to Halloween falling on a Friday, the City declared Trick or Treat festivities to take place tonight between 6 and 8 p.m. (If they only dictated the hours for yard sales so well!) There was some worry of there being a conflict with football. Again...you think, but Katie, there's no Auburn home game this weekend. True...but there IS an Auburn High School home game. That's right. The powers that be moved Halloween due to a high school sporting event. Guess we should all pay more attention to the vote we cast next week...who knows what those folks are going to do next!

We had several costume ideas this year. I had thought about creating salt and pepper shakers for the girls, and Porter suggested that I make Jack an egg so they could all go together. Then, Aunt Lori Jean made Porter a Dorothy costume, but Porter kept complaining about the shoes, and I wasn't sure how to make Betsy and Jack accompanying costumes without buying anything and/or finding a few more hours in the day to create them...and I don't own a sewing machine (But I am quite adept with the sewing glue!).

Well, I pulled out the bumble bee costume that both girls have worn at 10 months old and thought, "Surely Jack can wear this at 8 months." The girls agreed to be a bee and lady bug again (last year's costumes) and we were the Mantooth Bugs! Regarding Jack and the costume...yeah...didn't fit. I got it all snapped, he moved, and pop, pop, pop, pop...there was one snap left. I carried him in the Snugli...no one was the wiser. Enjoy...

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Great pictures! I feel like I've been so out of touch. Jack is getting so big!

Kelley said...

SO CUTE!!! I love the bees and bug costumes :) Mattie is going to be a pony tonight, hee-hee!
Have a great day!