Friday, October 17, 2008

New things and Sick Camera

My goal is to actually mail my camera to the Cannon people today. Even though I haven't used it in weeks, it makes me anxious to not have it. I need a spare! (Kind of like a coffee pot...everyone should have a back-up!)

Just last night, I really needed my camera. First, Jack, who can now pull up, was IN his bedroom toy box. Then, he got a bit too ambitious with the smaller one in the den and fell over it. His poor little body was precariously balanced on the soft edges, as he hadn't yet fallen over the other side onto his head, but he couldn't get his feet under him to get back down. He was basically in a "Superman" pose. Is it wrong that we laughed and asked him, "What happened Jack? Are you Superman?" before saving him?

Then, he army crawled himself over to the stairs (my nemesis for the next year, I'm sure!) and sure enough, he pulled himself up so that his hands rested on the first step. Then, he started reaching for the second step...and was trying to pull himself up onto the first step by sheer arm strength by gripping the carpet. He couldn't quite coordinate his right knee to lift onto the first step which would have officially made him a climber. He was exhausted since he missed an afternoon nap...meaning...we're pretty sure that he will soon be climbing the stairs. So...I'm thinking since we don't really have a yard to fence in, we'll just fence inside our house to keep Jack corralled. aughhhh!!!!!

Finally, after all the climbing and flying was over and done with and the kids were asleep, I put together a new blog to highlight some of my craft endeavors...please feel free to explore it:
http://linesdotsandcurls.blogspot.com/ Fun, fun, fun....

1 comment:

The Gentrys said...

Too precious! He's growing up so fast!