Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Camo and Betsy

So, yeah, we have a LOT of friends who hunt, but thankfully, Jamie doesn't. (As if I need the added stress of adding a hunting accident to my list of ways I could be a young widow!)

Betsy's (and Jack's) school is having a spirit week in preparation for the Auburn/Alabama game. Yesterday was hat day, tomorrow is pajama day, Friday is team color day, etc. Today...is camouflage day. What?! I have a husband who doesn't hunt and unmercifully says, "Wow, I can't see that person," every time we pass someone in the community wearing camouflage. (By the way, when did it become fashionable to wear hunting clothing at the mall? Perhaps it was around the same time we decided wearing Smurf shoes, a.k.a. Crocs, was acceptable.) Anyway...we're problem solvers, and I have plenty of paint around these days!

So, here is my serious girl...hunting out those stinky elephants through the rough terrain...of our front yard!
And here is Betsy...cute even with green, brown and black paint all over her face!

By the way, under that blue fleece, she's in a black leotard and pink tights for ballet!