People often ask me what differences I have noticed between raising girls and boys. Honestly, I haven’t seen that many, but there is one: Jack loves to eat…a lot. My friends who have sons assure me that this is typical and that he doesn’t have a deadly eating disorder and will weigh 200 lbs by the age of two. Well, the Arby’s in Tiger Town has $.99 Kid’s Meals on Wednesdays through the end of the month so we decided it was the right price to let Jack try a roast beef sandwich. (I’m sure he grunted, spit and adjusted his diaper as I placed the order.) Pureed salmon and sweet potatoes put away, I fed Jack peaches from a jar and bites of sandwich…and more bites…and more bites. I stopped when all the meat was gone and there were just little crescent moons of bun left. He was signing for more, but I signed back, “All gone.” He didn’t fuss, but he watched me carefully as I took the leftovers to the trash. Then, he leaned back in the chair to show off his bulging belly with pride.
So…here is Jack…he is MAN!
Then, I promptly put him in the car, drove across Tiger Town and took him into Hobby Lobby so I could pick out two canvases for my next art projects. He gleefully cooed and waved (I think he winked.) at women all over the store. He held that precious Hobby Lobby coupon carefully and gave it to the cashier. (We’re working on that part. He would rather just keep it.) But he was quite the helper.
Aughhh…Mommy’s hope for Jack…the Renaissance Man!
6 years ago

1 comment:
I love it!
Post a Comment