Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Night

Admittedly, some days are more challenging than others, but tonight was one of the good ones.

I came home from Bible study to find dinner on the stove...pizza, a favorite! We all ate with minimal drama...some corn throwing by Jack but without that we might forget that we have children at all. As Jamie got the bath ready, Betsy and I danced to "Mambo #5," and Jack looked on with a grin. (You've seen his dancing moves so you must know that he appreciated our newest groove.) Porter had already showered so she worked on her homework while the younger two got clean and I cleaned the kitchen.

The girls got their clothes set out for the week without fussing. Jack went down without trouble after three books (including seeking out the mouse in each colorful scene in "Goodnight Moon" and identifying a circle, oval and square in his shapes book), the ritual trip to the kitchen for one more sip of water.

Now I'm trying to figure out what in the world the girls did to the computer last night to make the icons senior citizen size. It would be dishonest to say that the story ends there. Neither girl is yet asleep. They are vying for "snuggling" time and utilizing other delay tactics. But I have "Mambo #5" running through my head, so I have a bit of stamina before my patience runs out tonight!

1 comment:

Nicci said...

A little bit of Monica in my life,
A little bit of Erica by my side.
A little bit of Rita's all I need,
A little bit of Tina's all I see.