God has a sense of humor. First of all, he blessed me with two children, born almost exactly two years apart in December. Second of all, these two girls are very different creatures. As you will see below, one requested a "Pinkalicious" themed party and the other an explorer dinosaur theme. With the help of family, we pulled it off!
Betsy chose to only invite girls to her pink themed party on Saturday. That made sense though it is quite evident (see pictures) that it didn't bother Jack one bit that it appeared that we were holding a Pepto-Bismol convention in our den. Betsy was blessed to have three friends join her for birthday celebrations, and they decorated crowns and cupcakes, played dress up and painted their nails. They were giggly and silly but totally manageable. I must have gotten cocky at this point...because then Sunday happened.
The first part of the video is a musical chairs type game. Jamie is reading Pinkalicious, and the kids have to sit on a paper cupcake every time he says "cupcake." They were pretty funny because they quickly started to anticipate him saying it. The last part is self explanatory...pure bliss as Betsy sings "Happy Birthday" to herself.
Sunday. It continued to rain. Rain on Pinkalicious Day was no problem; we were planning on inside activities. But who plans an explorer/dinosaur party inside?! Not me of course. Well...we reevaluated excavation and dinosaur egg hunting, and seven, first grade boy and girl explorers came looking for an adventure at 2 p.m. Porter gave each one a tour of the house so the pack of squealing children grew each time another arrived, and I feared for the survival of all things valuable. (but no harm done) With the excavation step eliminated, the kids put together a large dinosaur puzzle, decorated goody bags while donning their explorer hats, and enjoyed beating the dinosaur pinata immensely. I'm not sure how sliding head first down our stairs became an activity, but I had to be the "mean mom" and put a stop to that as I didn't want to actually have to use the emergency number contacts I had requested from each parent.
Basically, you'll notice there are fewer videos and fewer pictures from this party. I was in survival mode in the jungle of elementary school children, and I think we all did just fine. Now...I get to breath and enjoy Christmas. I'm sure Baby Jesus never caused Mary this stress...right?!
6 years ago







1 comment:
Looks like 2 very fun birthday parties! I love both of the girl's cakes, and the giant dinosaur puzzle was really cool...I'm guessing you painted it?!
Post a Comment