Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bedtime Woes?

Jack is becoming quite skilled at putting off bedtime.

A while back I carried him into the den to rock him prior to putting him into bed, and I told him, "Five minutes, Jack. I'll rock you for five minutes." Now...he nightly sprints into the den, hops in the chair and says, "Ra...Fie Min" (holding up five little precious fingers) with a smile.

After an evening of trying to teach him to sign Jesus Loves Me (He signs strong, loves me, Bible and yes during the song.) he has now "rebelled" (can you call this rebelling?) by requesting "Jees" each night. He looks in my eyes, says "Jees" and then lays his head on my shoulder and wraps both arms around me while I swing and sway in front of his bed. Who could say no to that?!

THEN he added requesting Amazing Grace with a back rub last night. As I put him into his bed he says "Gase Mama. Back." (This too came about because I offered it one night.) So, there I stand rubbing his back, singing away. "Gin! Gin!" (again and again)

So, while it is really frustrating that he won't just go to bed, it is really precious that these are the songs that "work" for him. As many times as I have sung ABC's or Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, he has never requested them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet.

LW said...

Very cute! And of course you can't say no, who could to such a sweet little boy :)

Katie said...

How precious - sweet boy!