With a morning that started off a little less than "holy" as we rushed around to get us all out the door and to church by 8 a.m., the rest of Resurrection Sunday was really pretty wonderful.
I can't speak for the kids (who, to be honest, were pretty excited about the chocolate and money laden eggs they found after church), my church experience was a HUGE blessing. Being a part of the worship was energizing and humbling as I watched the faces of the congregation experience God's presence and be moved. And while we are anxious to have our pastor back in the pulpit, my spiritual needs were met by our associate pastor, and I know he was sincere when he asked God to speak through his words yesterday morning. Now...to continue to live on that "Sunday high" of Christ's resurrection and avoid those "Saturdays of doubt and pain" that the disciples experienced so many years ago. Because EVERY time I read the Easter story...Jesus shows up on Sunday. It never changes. He is alive!
We spent the afternoon doing catch-up weekend cleaning and preparing for family and friends to join us for dinner. The evening was a really nice time of sharing a meal and fellowshipping with some truly great people...and eating some indulgent holiday fare.
I can't speak for the kids (who, to be honest, were pretty excited about the chocolate and money laden eggs they found after church), my church experience was a HUGE blessing. Being a part of the worship was energizing and humbling as I watched the faces of the congregation experience God's presence and be moved. And while we are anxious to have our pastor back in the pulpit, my spiritual needs were met by our associate pastor, and I know he was sincere when he asked God to speak through his words yesterday morning. Now...to continue to live on that "Sunday high" of Christ's resurrection and avoid those "Saturdays of doubt and pain" that the disciples experienced so many years ago. Because EVERY time I read the Easter story...Jesus shows up on Sunday. It never changes. He is alive!
We spent the afternoon doing catch-up weekend cleaning and preparing for family and friends to join us for dinner. The evening was a really nice time of sharing a meal and fellowshipping with some truly great people...and eating some indulgent holiday fare.
Porter happy about scoring some new flip flops from the bunny.

While I don't encourage this as a parenting technique, these animal crackers are what got Jack into his Easter outfit (that sported no balls...or crocs...something that did NOT make him happy).
Umm...yes...staged hunting.


Staged or not, Jack was excited to have an egg!

The real hunting was put off until after church, but Betsy didn't mind at all.

Finally...diving into the eggs they found!

Carefully monitoring Jack...trying to keep the chocolate off of the outfit....

Betsy was ok that Porter found most of the money...she had chocolate! Who needs to think long-term anyway?!
The rest of the pictures are just self-indulgent sharing...I love these folks very much!






1 comment:
Your family is absolutely gorgeous. I love all of the matchign outfits and Jamie looks so styling in his bowtie! I love it. So I moved Ryan to University Daycare, today is her first day. E-mail me with your thoughts.
Post a Comment