Monday, December 20, 2010

The Tale of the Beard

Jamie grows a beard every fall. Generally, he starts at Thanksgiving; he looks a little mountain man-ish for a few weeks when students care more about finals than administration; and he shaves it before we head back to work in January. Well, this year he started the fun a few weeks early. And granted, if it wasn't akin to snuggling a live Christmas tree, I wouldn't mind it staying around for the winter months...but I admit it...I was happy to see it go this past weekend. So...we had a little fun with its "demise."

In the beginning...there was the beard:


...and then there was the forlorn goatee:

...and then there was the chin Mohawk: (every girl's dream of course)

...and then the tough guy mustache arrived on the scene:

...quickly followed by what we shall just call..."the stache":

...and then (everyone sing together, "I wish I had a pencil thin mustache..." What? It's just a great song with silly lyrics?) Yeah...we're just going to move on:

...and THEN...there was "Jamie" and life was good.

1 comment:

Phil said...

nice....I do this everytime I shave. I should take pics too!