Friday, July 4, 2008

Craft Night Revived...

I had a lot of fun in grad school. The topic of study was something I loved; friends were fun and in abundance; and my roommate and I had a lot in common. Jess and I studied, but we also enjoyed game nights with friends, jam sessions playing guitars and singing praise songs, spending time with our "colleagues" Jamie and Chris (a.k.a. future husbands,) and having craft nights.

Well, I haven't had a craft night in a long time (I haven't played guitar in a while either, but that will have to be resolved later.). I've painted. But I haven't busted out scissors, hot glue guns and material in a looooong time. So, it was time.

Rozi and I had lunch earlier this week and discovered an "item" that we both liked...and thought we could surely recreate on our own. Typically, finding the time to pursue such a project would have taken a while or remained a great idea but impossibility. However, with her boys and my girls out of town, Thursday night was declared Craft Night. Granted, we may now be banned from Hobby Lobby since we pushed their closing time to the limits and experienced the flicking of the lights on and off as a warning. (I thought that was something reserved for grade school teachers trying to quiet a class.) Anyway, with our supplies in hand (thanks to Rozi's knowledge of material, batting and trim), we created crafty covers for our portable wipes.

Rozi did a better placement of her trim with it closer together... granted there was a moment of concern about one being glued shut, but that was resolved and now we both have one to keep and one to share....
So, I encourage you to brave the glue gun and embrace Craft Night!

2 comments:

tmiller said...

I'm so impressed! You should start making these for baby shower presents!

megmed said...

i love the baby wipe covers! that's just too cool! and the bumbo chairs are awesome. i have a friend who had twins back in december & loves the chairs. (evidently they've been taken off the market since too many stupid ppl were leaving the babies unattended, but they abound on ebay, craig's list, etc)