Monday, July 28, 2008

Family is a good thing...

My dad (a.k.a. Papaw) is one of four siblings. The result...lots of fun cousins for me. These days, that means lots of new little cousins. We don't get to see them very often, but this past weekend, we (Jamie) drove us (Porter, Betsy, Jack and me) to AR to have a picnic, play and visit with as much family as we could gather. We met in Jonesboro at a wonderful park that has this great playground area with a "splash park" beside it. The kids loved it...enough that we all survived the heat from around 10 a.m. until after 4! This captures a lot of the day:


This trip was Jack's first loooooong car ride, and he let us know his opinion...I think I eventually interpreted his screaming as, "This isn't comfortable. I don't like it. Take me out now. I mean NOW! Lady, did you hear me?!" I spent a lot of time in the backseat trying to entertain him. At one point the sun was in his eyes so I tried this:

But he pretty much immediately...did this:
So, I took my sunglasses back...dried them off (ick!) and handed him a bear. The longest amount of time when he was content without me making silly faces (I'm afraid Jack's newest trick is sticking out his tongue, by the way.) was playing with the tag of this bear:

Lesson learned? Buy cheap baby and kids toys. Just give them a box and something with a tag....

No comments: