As I prepared for Bible Study this morning (focusing on Proverbs 31:25), I wasn't too convicted about stressing over the future as, in general, "Where I am is surely the best place to be," is my general outlook on life. (Maybe it's self-centered... maybe it's a positive outlook ...maybe it's short-sightedness...I don't know, but it works for me.) However, the author of the study also mentioned the importance of laughter for the benefit of mental, emotional and physical health, and that is something I agree with. But then I started wondering the last time I had a really hearty laugh. Jamie swears he has never seen me laugh as hard as I did watching Evan Almighty. So...it's been a while. So, I started today knowing that I was looking for a laugh.
Now...if you know my husband, you know he has blue eyes. I happen to think they are very pretty... Oops! Sorry. Handsome. He likes "Old Blue Eyes." Frank Sinatra is his favorite singer. Let's see...then, there's Elton John's Blue Eyes...baby's got...blue eyes. (I'm of course singing it outloud and quickly find I so don't have the range to sing that song.) But in enjoying a little snack after lunch today, Jamie's "blue eyes" gave things a whole new meaning...and I found my laugh for the day!
And then...not so much in the "ha ha" happy but in the "life is just good" happy...my girls are home, and it was just really nice to have all three of my little ones playing together last night. (And by playing together, I mean them petting Jack and him not minding one bit.)
So, may you go about your day with a smile and a laugh!

2 comments:
I swear that my mom told my dad she'd live him on the day he didn't make her laugh. Thankfully, he managed to make her chuckle at least once everyday.
Funny picture! If you need a good laugh, watch Wipeout on Tues. nights. Nathan and i were chuckling the other night. :-)
Post a Comment