Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jack's First Haircut

There are many things about Jack turning one that have caused me to pause and "deal" as a mommy.

I'm in the process of weaning him from nursing, and while I look forward to my freedom...like being able to stay out past 8 p.m., I will really miss that sweet time with him. Also, he has taken a few steps, and while I don't think I'm physically prepared to chase him at full run just yet, I'm really not emotionally prepared for him to walk and move from "baby" to toddler. Yet another issue to deal with was...the haircut. I was tired of brushing it out of his eyes, and I felt terrible when I would go to smooth out the nappiness in the back of his head after a ride in the car seat and catch a tangle which enlisted a yelp from him. So...it was time for...the first haircut. Those sweet curls...there are still a few there in the back...maybe they'll hang out for a while.

BEFORE:

THE MIDDLE:



AFTER:
His daddy is VERY proud of his big boy haircut. Of course, for those of you who don't know, Jamie is a serial hair cutter...he goes every 3 weeks! Maybe Jack's hair won't grow as fast as his daddy's....

2 comments:

SGN said...

Katie, his hair cut is precious. It totally does make him look like a big boy. I can only imagine what it's like as a mom. When I saw the post title and the pictures (I always look at the pictures first... don't know why I would do that... lol) anyway, when I saw the photos I thought "Today, my son, you are a man". Maybe "man" is a stretch, but "big boy" is for sure. I can't believe how he has grown! You're such a good mom!

The Murphrees said...

His haircut is so cute!