Friday, April 10, 2009

Shame and glory

I'm not as much of a clean "freak" as I once was. I haven't changed my ways, but I do make the conscious choice to not feel crazy inside when things aren't dusted, vacuumed, cleaned and put away. I choose to love my three children and husband and spend time with them.

So...I am ashamed to say...there was a MOUSE in my HOUSE tonight! Granted, I grew up having a series of hamsters so I wasn't terribly freaked out, but I am horrified that there was a mouse in my clean(ish) house!

While Jamie went out to fetch mouse traps (Luckily the hail, tornadoes and worst of the storm had passed.), I had a talk with our newest addition. While looking into his panicked, beady eyes, I tried to convince him that his future in the giant green bucket looked much brighter than the one on the bottom of Jamie's shoe. With that (and the toilet brush, two magazines and the cover of a large plastic storage box) I managed to get him into a 5 gallon bucket and put him outside. S-U-C-C-E-S-S!

During what was supposed to be my celebratory phone call, Dad quickly ensured me that he would just come back inside the house. I hope not. He will meet the traps. I hope not. That so grosses me out!

I think we're calling Terminix.

No comments: