Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just a Saturday in October

FINALLY...no home game. I was going to sleep in. That didn't happen.

Betsy slipped into the bed (Jamie was already up doing dissertation work.) and sweetly wrapped her arm around my neck. I was only momentarily moved because my body was screaming that it was nowhere near time to wake-up on a Saturday morning. After fumbling through the dark (further confirmation to my instinct of an early rising) to find my glasses, I put them on, looked at the clock, and it was 5:55 a.m. Really?! To get to work, I am up by 5:30/5:45, M-F, and to attempt to get to church in time to sing in choir, it's 6 at the latest. If you are reading this and have ever lived with me, you will not be shocked to learn that it took me well over an hour to readjust my attitude on this precious Saturday morning! (It was not one of my shining moments as a mom or wife.)

But on to more pleasant things.

Porter is enjoying three hours of softball training with the high school coaches and team this morning, and I can't wait to hear her stories!! Jamie took her to buy a new glove yesterday, (Moving from T-ball to softball is new glove worthy after all.) but we convinced her that she could wait for cleats until the Spring to insure a better fit for the season. Betsy is likely providing Jamie great support in running a few errands (like mailing a present and picking out a mum for me) and watching Porter play. Jack was a trooper with me. We survived Target, Hobby Lobby AND Kroger with no near death experiences due to him Houdini-ing out of the belts, and we did NOT break anything at Hobby Lobby where I opted to let him walk due to the length of the rides at Target and Kroger. Yay!

So to reward him...I did it. I broke the two-years-old rule. I gave him a peanut butter sandwich. He enjoyed it...as you can tell:




No comments: