Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold....
A couple of weeks ago I was able to visit with two precious women. Kelley, Megan and I were part of a newlywed women's Bible study for several years...SEVERAL years ago. Since that time, Megan has followed her hubby to Italy and back, and Kelley has started a veterinary clinic with her husband in SC and had a child (with twins on the way).
I was trying to grab a hold of why these women are so good for me and why--even though months and years had passed and may pass again before we get to visit--we can pick up laughing, encouraging and celebrating with one another as if we had just shared coffee yesterday. Perhaps it is because we are women striving towards Christ...so we share a similar, yet different path. While we have not yet arrived by any means, we are able to approach our friendship with strength and dignity, laugh at the days to come, speak with wisdom and offer faithful instruction to one another. (Prov 31: 25-26)
I am so thankful for these women...as well as the godly women I see every week and those I may not see again for years to come.
A couple of weeks ago I was able to visit with two precious women. Kelley, Megan and I were part of a newlywed women's Bible study for several years...SEVERAL years ago. Since that time, Megan has followed her hubby to Italy and back, and Kelley has started a veterinary clinic with her husband in SC and had a child (with twins on the way).
I was trying to grab a hold of why these women are so good for me and why--even though months and years had passed and may pass again before we get to visit--we can pick up laughing, encouraging and celebrating with one another as if we had just shared coffee yesterday. Perhaps it is because we are women striving towards Christ...so we share a similar, yet different path. While we have not yet arrived by any means, we are able to approach our friendship with strength and dignity, laugh at the days to come, speak with wisdom and offer faithful instruction to one another. (Prov 31: 25-26)
I am so thankful for these women...as well as the godly women I see every week and those I may not see again for years to come.
Kelley and me at the AU/Furman Game
Kelley, Megan and meMany thanks to the husbands and grandparents who made that Saturday possible. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment