Monday, February 22, 2010

Jack's Second Birthday {Take One}

Jack's birthday isn't until Thursday...so he is still not two AND he's still my baby...but he sure did enjoy practicing on Saturday.

It was one of those "winter" days that, without a doubt, is why I love living in the South. Just over a week ago, there was snow on the ground. Two days ago it was in the 60's, and we had a February birthday party at the park!! (You can't plan this stuff...and I didn't...look at me being so laid back and go-with-the-flow?!) Jack accompanied me on my birthday party planning shopping trip. So, we went with a football (see candles, plates and shirt...really...he's two...none of it mattered more than the playground equipment) and chocolate (see face) theme.

I tried to capture Jack with both a still and video camera in hand...so both may have some issues, but there are smiles, and that is the best part:



He was so not comfortable using his hands! And once Uncle Bo told him not to throw his wrapping paper on the ground he was completely stumped as to how to open presents and really just wanted to go swing and slide. I'm so okay with my non-messy boy...for however long that lasts!



And really...if you are stressed today...go find a swing. Isn't this the life? I love his precious giggle!

2 comments:

Katie said...

So sweet and you can tell he is used to being helped by his big sister. :)

Kelley said...

I LOVE the giant cupcake! Looks like ya'll had a great birthday celebration. Can't believe Jack is 2! Such a handsome little man :)