First of all, at what point do we stop saying, "It never snows in Auburn," since this is the third year in a row?!I suspect that Auburn City schools and University could have gone as scheduled today, but I think that those in charge must have seen this movie and used their better judgement to allow a SNOW DAY! And we are SO happy that they did.
This was the first year that Jack was big enough to play in the snow, and he seemed to find a perfect outlet for his almost-two-year-old angst and aggression in throwing snow balls. It's hard to believe from looking at this sweet face that there is any meanness at all...
Betsy loved the snow...and the cold apparently. She was completely content to have her coat open and wear no hat. I tried to mommy-fy her outfit, but I really don't think it made a bit of difference! Her pleasure just warmed her through and through:
Porter was the veteran of the crew, and I guess her year-long study of the Arctic last year in kindergarten gave her creative license to task me with building a snow tower they could climb into for warmth. Umm...we didn't get THAT much snow, and I didn't have the stamina for the cold that Betsy did. So, that didn't happen. Our poor snowman never even got eyes, nose or mouth...poor guy is no doubt jonesin for that corn cob pipe....
My sweet boys in the snow:

2 comments:
Looks like so much fun!!!
Jack making & throwing the snow balls is hilarious & very cute!
Post a Comment