Well...hula hooping it is! She shared her routine with us a couple of times at home, and I even attempted to keep up with her, managing to successfully knock my glasses off but not much else!
I was so proud...people broke into applause in the middle of her routine. The winners consisted of a soloist (who had a nice voice but barely cracked a smile) a dynamic dancer (really...she was good) and a group of boys (whose talent was more that they bottled their energy in a productive way more than talent, but they were cute). A jump roping, baton twirling pogo stick jumper didn't even place...so...we're ok with the lack of "recognition." All I needed was to see Porter up there - by herself - with a smile on her face. It almost brought me to tears! Admittedly, I kept having flashbacks to her "change of heart" during her preschool graduation where she sat unmoved during her individual "speech," group songs and diploma acceptance. (Seriously, the kid didn't budge!) But that kid was nowhere to be seen. Instead, this was the proud face of a first grader, among her peers, first through fifth graders. Can't you just see the triumph in her smile?!
Enough of my momma rambling...enjoy the show!

3 comments:
Way to go Porter! Great job!
I love the collection of Hulla Hoops at the end. She had me on the edge of my seat, then bam she was gone. That was absolutely adorable. I love how her shirt matched her hula hoops. She is such a doll. I also remember the graduation you are talking about from a past blog post, you are right- not the same child.
So so cute - Made me smile on a Monday~
Post a Comment