Friday, April 23, 2010

Like Father Like Son

About two weeks ago, we noticed that Jack had created a sort of...uniform, and he would freak out (two-year-old style) when we pressured him to alter it. It consisted of a white t-shirt, shorts and crocs. Now, I'm pretty flexible with daycare wardrobe. It's going to come home filthy anyway so what's the point?

So on Tuesday, I was hauling Jack from softball field to dance lessons to the grocery store, back to dance and back to the ball field, and he was 100% comfortable in his filthy white undershirt, peanut butter face and crocs (Barefooted at one point due to the fact that I was in a rush, which I didn't realize until I needed to put him down in the ballpark restroom that he didn't have on shoes...ick!). (Note: I was SO the woman who confirmed the Southern stereotype: crazy-eyed and tired mom hauling a dirty, no shoe wearing kid on one hip while spanking another kid, Porter, not Jack, at the ballpark...sigh....) After that "lovely" experience, I told Jamie that we really needed to figure something out because my kid wasn't going out in public in an undershirt again. I mean...at least my kids could look like I loved them when they left the house in the morning even if I was acting crazy by the evening!

We figured it out.

Jamie (because he's a morning person and a wonderful daddy/husband to his morning-hating wife) typically gets a shower early and deals with breakfast time wearing an undershirt, shorts and crocks. This morning (again because he's awesome and offered to take the kids to school even though he took the day off to be productive with some school and work stuff) he was wearing a white t-shirt, shorts, cap, socks and tennis shoes. Having already dealt with the clothing challenge, Jack came in wearing a cap and threw his crocs on the floor demanding tennis shoes. Aha!

Like father, like son...you think?!

(This was taken this morning. The pose is not prompted...kinda creepy...)

3 comments:

SGN said...

Katie-- This is awesome! LOVE it! :o)

Christen said...

So cute! It's amazing what they pick up on at such a young age!

Team LG - Mallory, Adam, and Adalyn said...

SUPER cute! Kids are watching, arent they? -Mallory