This morning, we all headed out just after 8 to participate in the Junior League of Lee County Art Walk/Run to raise money for children. (My Tiger Eyes piece was given to one of the top finishers!) It seemed like a good outlet for exercise and to challenge myself to see how far I've come since finally trying to get back on the exercise wagon.
This is the first timed run I have done since I hobbled through, but completed, a half-marathon in the fall of 2005. (That run/walk left me in physical therapy and seeing a chiropractor. Yikes!) I finally ran the 5K distance last weekend in just over 30 minutes (a first since before my pregnancy with Jack), but it was on my treadmill and flat! Assuming they have their distance mapped out correctly, I completed today's RUN in 28 minutes, 26 seconds. (not sure about the official time...this one is courtesy of my personal watch.) People! There were hills and an uneven surface and bratty little nine-year-olds who I'm sure sneered at me as they passed me while chatting with their friends and running zig-zag patterns! (Just kidding...kinda....) This was really an incredibly encouraging experience for me.
Jamie took the kids on a 1.5 mile experience. The girls rode their bikes (kinda, for Betsy), and Jamie pushed Jack (and carried B's bike part of the way) in a stroller. We all started off strong and even got to visit with Aubie...but at the end...these kids were ready for naps!! (Can you tell? Just keep scrolling!)
So, if you see me tomorrow at church, I am rejoicing, I promise, but I just may be struggling to walk!
BEFORE...
AFTER...

1 comment:
That's so cool that Porter's softball team got to do that!
Congrats on the run, very impressive!
Post a Comment