Guest Blogger: Porter
(spelling, punctuation and grammar are hers)
Once I was reading my Bible and my friennd C. came and asked "What is that?" I said it is a Bible. So she asked "Where did you get it?" I said "I think for Chrismas or my birthday." "(or somebody gave it to me on a holiday.)" I asked C. if she knew the A, b, c's of becoming a christian she said she didn't know. So I told her about the A, B, C's of becoming a Christain.
A means atmit that you are a sinner. B means belive that Jesus Died on the cross for you. C means confess with your mouth that you were a sinner. So I told C. that all thoose things mean that getting to be a better Cristain. I really changed her life that day. The next day she wasen't that good as she was the last day.
The End
Porter came home last Monday and told me she had been a missionary at school that day. I asked what that meant to her, and I was awestruck when she shared what she had done. She was SO elated and proud (something we also talked about...God's words, not hers kind of thing). Sadly, this isn't behavior modeled by us. I'm what I label a Chicken Christian. I asked Porter to write everything down, but she was disappointed that her friend wasn't nice to her the next day since she had shared with her. So, she left out a few points here that I wanted to capture.
- After she went through the ABC's, her friend hugged and thanked her for teaching her. She and this friend have sister-like drama so that hug meant a lot and made for a "good" day.
- Porter said that when she was out on the playground later that day she realized what she had done so she stopped and prayed to God to tell him she had been a missionary.
Amazing as this all may sound, Porter and I had the opportunity to discuss sin through my disciplining her for lying to me...TWICE the evening after this sweet story unfolded. We are all a work in progress. As the preacher often says, "If you're green you'll grow, and if you're ripe you'll rot."
Regardless, I send much appreciation out to the FBCO Sunday School, choir, Mission Friends and GA teachers who have touched this kid's life. You are helping mold an amazing little girl's life! And please pray that my children don't someday get kicked out of public school!

1 comment:
That is so awesome! It's so neat how our children can encourage us in our walk with Christ!
Post a Comment