Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Betsy Post

Betsy...the child I only hope to understand. One moment, she is finding it impossible to leave anyone off of her birthday party invitation list...because she looooves everybody, and the next, she is impishly pushing Porter's buttons and gleeming with success as Porter shrieks about whatever abuse Betsy has caused her. One moment, she is crying because I will miss her birthday for a conference, and the next she is telling me she doesn't like me anymore...ever, ever.

But at the end of the day, she is, afterall, a 5-year-old, desperately trying to navigate a world that must look huge and gain some control along the way.

My prayers for you, B are that you use that unique gift of drawing people to you to lift them up...more often than not.

Better than any words I could write, I think these photos, snapped inpromtu after school one day, best describe our Betsy.


Impish Betsy
Sweet Betsy
Silly Betsy

No comments: