Thursday, November 4, 2010

Farewell October, hello November

The Mantooth family wrapped up October with a busy and fun weekend.

Halloween
We suited up for Halloween festivities on Friday and Sunday. In brainstorming Halloween costume ideas with the kids months ago, we decided to recreate some of Dr. Seuss' favorite characters from the Cat in the Hat. The kids own Thing One through Three shirts. So, creating blue hair and finding red long-sleeve shirts, pants and gloves completed their outfits. Jamie found a Cat in the Hat costume to borrow, and that left me to create my fish costume. So...I painted it.

It was during this project of creating my fish "costume" and listening to Jamie read the Cat in the Hat to the kids that I realized I had "type cast" my family:

Jamie: The Cat in the Hat: wreaks havoc on the house through fun...but then cleans up.


Porter, Betsy and Jack: The "Things" just wreak havoc.


Katie: The fish nags the entire book about not breaking rules and cleaning up.


Yeah...I so missed an opportunity to be "fun." Next year...I'm snatching the equivalent of the Cat! I can do "fun"...really...I can!

The Things visit with cousin Knox, the skeleton. 


 The Things hang-out with Aunt Sarah & Uncle Ryan


Syrup Sopping

It's not often you'll find me scarfing down a sausage and biscuit...but for this event, I do. Good times....



No comments: