So...it's a snow day. I wanted to "play" the good mother role so we baked. And it was fun teaching them about packing brown sugar and that you don't pack or shake flour. Porter is eight...so this was pretty easy for her.
Mom-of-the-Year Reactions, Round 1
- When asked the difference between baking soda and baking powder I responded, "They come in different containers just pay attention." (Porter totally glared at me in disdain...maybe we'll look up the answer...next snow day.)
- Begged Jack to delay his music debut after a mere minute of his batter bowl concert.
Mom-of-the-Year Reactions, Round 2
- Stripped Jack of scooping duties after three minutes of hovering impatiently over him while he attempted to scrape minuscule amounts of the sticky stuff from the jar to the measuring cup. I couldn't deal with two-year-old speed any longer. Don't judge me.
Mom-of-the-Year Reactions, Round 3
- After filling two pans, baking them and moving them to cooling racks...I didn't call her back to help with the next two pans.

2 comments:
The kids will only remember the fun parts - you are a great mom!
Thanks for being real! I love this! :)
Post a Comment