Jamie was at Bible Study, so I was trying to balance the girls, you know...being an involved mother who is excited about reading "Pirate Mom" for the upteenth time (I do have memories of refusing to read "The Cat in the Hat" to my younger siblings when they LOVED it...which my mom swears she memorized by reading it to me years earlier...oops. Sorry. I guess kids like consistency and redundancy.) with a baby who is quite content when he is either less than a foot from my face or when he has dirtied another diaper. (Only another mother understands the frequency with which a breast fed baby can produce dirty diapers.) So, I was dealing with one of those lovely diapers when I turn around and see Porter...in this:

Okay...seriously? We live in Eastern Alabama...and it's late June. It's hot. It's HUMID. I'm not even sure we need 3/5 of her clothing items in January. But she thought she was quite dashing and swore she was preparing for snow.
Bu-bu-bu-wait, it gets better! Betsy...not to be outdone, bartered her first born so that Porter would share the hat and earmuffs. Funny...how with just a few changes, "snow bunny" becomes "ghetto ready." Ladies and gentlemen...put your hands together for Tough Eye Mantooth (dropping her latest record next week over milk and cookies):
Yes, I promise...my three-year-old doesn't know how to throw any gang signs. But she can put a smile on my face...as I hope they both have yours.

6 comments:
Cute pictures! They were very creative in that little bit of time. :-)
those are hysterical!!! HAHA!
oops, tazluvr is nicci.
you seriously have the cutest kids!!
This is the funniest thing I have seen all day!! Enjoy it while you can - my mom would tell you that not too far from now they will be in college :)
Very Cute! I have enjoyed your pictures and feel like I am back in Auburn visiting your blog :) Makes me smile! Have a great day! Love you!
Post a Comment