Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day Update

I realized that I haven't taken any pictures recently, and I think it's because my children move around too fast. It's like trying to capture a hummingbird in mid-flight or something!

Porter
Well, I always appreciate the women in Bible Study who hold me accountable, but I think I have the youngest accountability partner in the group. Porter climbed into the van one afternoon after school (We usually play an "I spy" or a word jumble game or share a recap from her day on the way to get Betsy and Jack.) and asked me if I had done my Bible study that morning. I told her yes, and she told me that she hadn't seen me. I did a mental check to make sure I was telling the truth, and then told her I had finished before she got out of bed that morning. Gosh...lay off, kid! (I really do love it!) But when she isn't keeping me in line, Porter is REALLY enjoying basketball and is getting better each week. If only the games weren't at 8:15 on Saturday morning.... Of course this past weekend, Betsy and Jack were up before 6 anyway so sleeping in is just a figment of my imagination.

Betsy
This is my "why" girl. It could be "why" about the trees, the car, something from yesterday, something from a year ago, something from tomorrow...it tires me and amazes me all at the same time. Maybe she's writing a book, and we just don't know she can write yet or something. I'm pretty sure her mind works in amazing ways. Betsy's favorite thing to do during Porter's basketball games is entertain the audience with her antics of either cheering for Porter or trying to convince Porter that she should come on and leave (from mid-court in the middle of play). She also lives for snack time after the games and hopes that there is enough for her!

Jack
If mastering the Army crawl were an Olympic sport, I would enter Jack today! He is so fast! Just last week he started crawling "properly," but he doesn't do it consistently, I assume because he isn't as fast that way. If you need a visual...it's like Spider-man scaling a wall...just horizontal instead of vertical. On a sadder and perhaps more encouraging note, he will get tubes put in his ears tomorrow to hopefully end the never ending ear infections. Apparently, his world currently sounds like how yours and mine would if we walked around with our hands cupped tightly over our ears. So, we figure two things may happen over the next few months. First, he will be terrified when he realizes how loud his sisters are and go crawling (Army style of course) for the nearest cover. Second, we hope to see his language develop. When he realizes we don't all sound like the adults on Charlie Brown, who knows what will happen!


Happy Groundhog Day! Darn that Punxsutawney Phil. I don't believe it. Say it isn't so...not Six More Weeks!?!

3 comments:

tmiller said...

So cute! This morning at school, Jack saw me first (I guess it was my graceful entry over the baby gate) and he gave me this strange (head cocked to one side) stare. Then he saw Colt and gave us a huge grin! I sat Colt down in front of him and they crawled (one army, the other properly) away to the toy box!

LW said...

Tubes, well he will be a whole different child. Our neighbors around the corner just took their son in yesterday, too bad you were there the same day to give each other support. Hope all goes well, we will be thinking of you. (even though you are probably there right now getting them done :)

The Murphrees said...

Hope everything goes well with Jack.