
I don't know if you can see the faces well enough in this small representation of Sunday night's worship to see the degree of free worship that went on that evening. First Baptist Church of Opelika's choir joined with the choir of Greater Peace Missionary Baptist Church. The typical stress caused by generation gaps, culture, race and denomination were absent and the Holy Spirit was the common thread that lead our willing voices.
While I was happy to hear my dad share that he got chill bumps during the service, and I was proud to know that Porter was in the congregation singing along, my favorite quote about the evening came from Rob Cox tonight at rehearsal, "God always shows up, but sometimes He shows out." And He certainly did on Sunday!
I hope you find a similar worship experience soon. (If you know about one...let me know!)

No comments:
Post a Comment